Digital technologies are transforming the way organizations operate in a highly evolving environment. Organizational challenges and problems are constantly changing, along with the tools available to address them. I teach in the fast-moving field of data and business analytics in the undergraduate, graduate, and executive education programs at the Olayan School of Business (OSB) at the American University of Beirut (AUB). This domain is one of the main driving forces of change in today’s business environments. My teaching objective is to train my students to critically evaluate organizational problems and to experiment with potential digital solutions to address them.
- 2020 - Nominated and shortlisted to the AUB Innovation in Teaching with Technology Award
- 2015 - Nominated to the AUB Teaching Excellence Award
Teaching in the Undergraduate Program at AUB
I teach the following undergraduate courses at the Olayan School of Business at AUB:
- INFO200: Foundations of Information Systems
- INFO225: Enterprise Systems Design & Implementation
- DCSN205: Managerial Decision Making
- DCSN200: Operations Management
- BUSS245: Internship/Practicum
- BUSS200: Business Data Analysis
Teaching in the Graduate Program at AUB
I teach the following graduate courses at the Olayan School of Business at AUB:
- MSBA325: Data Visualization and Communication
- MSBA390: Capstone Experiential Learning Project
- BUSS398: MBA Project/Thesis
- MSBA395: Thesis Project
Teaching in the Executive Education Program at AUB
I teach the following executive education courses at the Olayan School of Business at AUB:
- Human-Centered Innovation and Design Thinking
- Business Model Transformation in the Digital Age
Thesis and Capstone Project Supervision
- 2020 - Mario Khalil. “Analyzing the F&B industry during a crisis” MSBA Capstone Project, 1st Reader, AUB.
- 2020 - Mario Gergi Sarkis. “Toward Reducing Customer Waiting Time at Banks During Economic Crises: A Transaction Analysis Approach” MSBA Capstone Project, 1st Reader, AUB.
- 2019 - Remi Nassar. “Supporting Affordance Detection and Extraction In Online Product Reviews” MSBA Thesis, 1st Reader, AUB.
- 2018 - Marwa Sinno. “Managing Customer Lifetime Value Using Data” MSBA Capstone Project, 1st Reader, AUB.
- 2018 - Elie El Asmar. “Data-Driven Customer Segmentation” MSBA Capstone Project, 1st Reader, AUB.
- 2018 - Mohammed Hemayed. “Management Consulting Growth Hacking” MSBA Capstone Project, 2nd Reader, AUB.
- 2015 - Maria Abou Arbid. “Revamping the Mobile Network Infrastructure of a Developing Country to Prepare for the Foundation of Smart Cities” MBA Thesis, 1st Reader, AUB.
- 2014 - Maamoun Eid. “Shedding Light on the As-Is vs. Customized ERP Debate: Exploring the Practices of Customization in an FMCG Distribution Company” MBA Thesis, 2nd Reader, AUB.
New Course Development
- Undergraduate: INFO225-Enterprise Systems Design & Implementation
- Graduate: MSBA325-Data Visualization and Communication
- Executive Education: Human-Centered Innovation
- Executive Education: Business Model Transformation in the Digital Age